Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Just saw a link to the combined surgery on youtube. The little blonde boy having surgery looks familar!!!!!!



So as some of you may know Robbie had a bit of a day yesterday. He seemed to be a bit clumsy when I took him to daycare and from the car to the front door he walked into a fence, walked into a tree, and ate pavement. I told the teachers that he was having an off day and left. Well of course I get a call around noon and they told me Robbie had sat down to eat lunch at the same time as another kid and they hit heads and Robbie was bleeding from his canal. I thought perhaps it was the infection oozing and went to check it out. I jumped in my car and when I arrived and checked him over yes it was blood and not the infection . The ENT was in surgery so they scheduled an appointment in the morning and the ENT comfirmed that he had ripped the inside of the canal and the medpor was exposed. After calling both Reinisch and Roberson we can still wait until the Aug 17 surgery to address this. We are still dealing with the infection and will continue to do the daily regimin. I am now praying that these next 3 weeks speed by and actually looking forward to his surgery. I can not wait to get my little guy al fixed up.

Thursday, July 23, 2009


We have cancelled the Aug 7 surgery for stage 2 medpor down in LA and have rescheduled a combined stage 2 with both Dr.s Reinisch and Roberson for Aug 17 back in Palo Alto. Tom and I are very happy that we are able to again see both doctors and hopefully get our little guy all fixed up.
I am not 100% sure what exactly the surgery will be, but of course Reinisch will adjust the frame work, seperate the back of the medpor ear with skin graphs from the tummy area, and possibly clean up scaring. Roberson is going to most likely reline the part of the canal which has been giving us all the problems and possibly address the canal narrowing issue. We just have to wait and see at the pre op the night before.
This whole process has been by far stressful and confusing for us. Tom has been gone the past 2 months and that has put extra strain on our family. Things have worked themselves out in the last few weeks and we seem to be back on track and are now going forward with a positive attitude.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hearing Test

Well the hearing test went well. The results bounce around from the last test at 1 month. Some are frequencies are better and some went down. At this point I am not to worried about anything hearing wise. We will just see how it continues to go. he is still in the normal to mild hearing loss bracket. I am happy with the results.

April 14 test


July 2 test


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Count down begins!

We are starting to prepare for our trip to LA for Roberts Aug 7 stage 2 surgery. Things seem to be going good for his medpor. It continues to take more shape and looks better each day. Roberts canal is having issues with gunk and infection and seems to be closing up a lot. We are hoping to get these issues addressed soon and are trying to take it one step at a time and not overwhelm ourselves. Robbie is getting his post op 4 month hearing test tomorrow. I am very nervous and excited about seeing how his hearing is. I am attaching some pics which would be 120 days post op.