Tuesday, March 10, 2009

8 Days Post Op





We saw Dr. Reinisch today in LA. The nurse took off all the netting, the new ear cup and washed his hair. Robert wasnt really having any of it and cried. We then went to the kids waiting area and watched the movie Cars until Reinisch got in. Reinisch had to take out all the stiches holding the gauze on the skin graphs as I held Robert with all my might and 2 nurses helped. Its safe to say he was MAD. He made his new ear bleed by thrashing around and I held him as much as I could and tried hard to not lose it myself. Once everything was done Robbie was not happy about the blood on his birdie (WHITE BLANKET!) but he fell asleep as soon as we got to the car.
His ear is very swollen which is normal and I think it already has great color.I cant wait to see the progress as it heals. Its not much bigger then the other one for the 20% growth expected.

Dont ask why he has fingers in his mouth in every picture!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH IT LOOKS GREAT. I HAVE A FORMER BOSS THAT HAS A DAUGHTER THAT HAS THE SAME THING BUT SHES 20 THEY R SO INTERESTED SO I GAVE HER THIS WEB SITE SHE MAY WANT TO TALK TO YOU GUYS AT SOME POINT IN TIME. WE THINK HE LOOKS GOOD CONSIDERING ALL HES BEEN THROUGH. TELL HIM WE LOVE HIM AND THAT WE WILL BRING THE CHIHUAHUA OVER TO SEE HIM SOON.

    LOVE MIKE AND CINDY WALTERS

    ReplyDelete