Friday, October 16, 2009

After surgery 3 - Removal of Medpor




Here is the first pictures of Robbies ear without the medpor. We were to take off the bandages Thursday night but they came off when I pulled his shirt over his head Thursday morning. To my surprise it didnt look like what I was expecting. To be honest though I havent a clue as to what I was expecting! Dr Reinisch said we can wash it this weekend. I expect it to look much better as it heals and the redness fades.
For the next surgery all of the skin will be removed and replaced. Also a new membrane with a blood supply.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Shelly and I have a nearly 4 year old son 'Charlie' who we are taking for combined surgery next week with Dr Roberson and Dr Reinisch. It has been good for us to view your blog and get an idea of the obstacles that we potentially face.

    We do what we do for our children out of love and when something goes wrong you shouldn't second guess yourself as you did what you thought was best for your child. You have excellent doctors and I'm sure things will work out just fine for your little one. Take care and I can't wait to see how things go in March, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

    All the best
    Shelly and Charlie

    ReplyDelete