Friday, October 2, 2009

Thanks and Update!

I want to let everyone know that has either posted on the support group or emailed me that I appreciate your kind words and positive thoughts you have pushed my way. I wont lie and try to sugar coat anything about how awful these last few months have been for Tom and I. It has been the most stressful time of our lives. We were constantly being consumed by the what ifs and the guilt of did we make the right decision. We are doing A LOT better now and with our family, friends, faith, and kids in the picture we have snapped out of it and are ready to move forward with nothing but a positive attitude.
Robbies exposure of course is bigger and I am still covering it with band aids. I did panic a bit this last weekend again but was calmed after talking to Dr Reinisch and having him reassure me that its ok, its not dangerous, and that he is going to fix our little guy very soon. I think the biggest obstacle for us is not having the doctors close and needing the reassurance that only they can give. I can not even imagine this happening to anyone out of country. But again how Robbie healed is evidently rare and the worst either doctor has seen. This of course doesn't sit well when you also factor in the odds of his condition with the microtia/atresia.
We are getting down to the wire again and are at the 1 week, 4 day mark (yes I count daily). I cant help but to think about what I will say to Robbie if he asks what happened and why is his ear gone. We have told him and are prepping him for surgery and he seems cool and collected which I am sure is because he is only 4 and doesn't dwell on things yet unless they have to do with video games.
I will post pictures this weekend so again there is more reference on the blog of exposure. I hope no one will ever have to deal with this in the future but my intent is getting this blog turned back around and into a positive posting place!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I whis you the best of luck in the next surgery! I have a 14 months old son with bilateral atresia/microtia. Despite your bad experience your blog is very informative to us. I wish Robbie's ear heals very soon, Silvina

    ReplyDelete