Monday, September 7, 2009

Bad News











9/07/09





Last week Robbie started having drainage from the canal on the medpor ear. After talking to Dr Reinisch and getting some antibiotics called in from the CEI the out come of Robbies surgery almost 3 weeks ago to fix the tissue in the canal has seemed to fail. On Friday our ENT looked in the canal and there is not yet an exposure but the skin is not taking to the site. Our hearts broke when Dr Reinisch explained what is happening that basically the tissue they tried to save is dying and this will require another surgery replacing all the tissue in the canal on the trouble spot. Again this also means another medpor replacement. We are very heart broken and can not believe this is happening. Even with this next surgery there is still another surgery to lift the medpor ear after all heals. I will post more when I get more news.










9/15/09





Last Friday things seemed a little better. There was very little drainage coming out of the canal and it was only at night while Robbie slept. The ENT again didn't see any exposure in the canal on this last Friday the 11. So we were to say a bit hopeful for some miracle to happen. That night while bathing Robbie he had a sort of white puss trapped under the medpor and after washing it it broke through and he had puss drain. I emailed Reinisch and it really wasn't anything I have not already seen so I wasn't to concerned about it. Last night after bathing Robbie it again was oozing by me washing it gentley with a wash cloth. I called Tom in to take a peak and our hearts sank at the same time and no words were needed. We both knew at that moment that he had an exposure on the outside of the ear. I talked to Reinisch this morning and he instructed me on what to do to care for the wound and we are waiting to see when and where Robbie will have the next surgery. From my understanding this next surgery can play out a couple different ways. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. I am attaching pictures of the ear showing puss coming out so its easy to pin point the spot and then with out puss. The back of the left ear is still looking good and we have had no issues.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tammie, I am really sorry things did not work out better for Robbie. Your family has already been through so much. I just know that your story is going to have a happy ending!

    You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers,

    Love Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all let me say that Robbie & your entire family are in my prayers. I am so inspired by the bravery and the spirit to conquer of this small little boy and I wish you and your family the best! All my troubles seem like small potatoes compared to everything he has gone through. Faith moves mountains and God is good...keep your head up and keep fighting. I am pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you and your family, especially Robbie in my prayers. Know that Jesus was wounded for our transgressions so that we may be healed (Isaiah 53:5). I can only imagine how you feel, but I know that God is able to heal and mend all things. Count it all joy that there is a fix...My son, Christian, had his Medpor reconstructive surgery with Dr. Reinisch on July 21th (age 5) and had his share of issues; quite different from your experiences but similar in nature of discomfort, pain, and unpleasant sight -- but 2 1/2 months post-surgery with continuous prayers everything is mending and healing as expected. I know your little trooper is going to be just fine. Again, you all will remain in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and keep you!

    Sent by TeAnn Hillman, mother of Christian Hillman
    LMA,

    ReplyDelete