Friday, September 25, 2009

Bigger Exposure

I have been putting the smallest band aids they make over Robbies exposure so he wont touch it. It hasn't been pussing a whole lot but everyday the exposure is getting bigger. I was in total shock once again when I lifted the band aid last night and the exposure is almost 10x the size it was last week. Not only can I see the shape of the framework I can now see into the cavity of the skin. The Oct 13 date is always on my mind and how many days we have left. I try and stay brave and not make a big deal of things in front of Robbie but now I am having anxiety attacks on a daily basis.

I keep thinking ahead to the surgery next year when the medpor will be placed back again. It will end up being after the year post op from the first combined surgery. This should of been the time when the medpor was to be fully healed. What are the chances not only of my little boy having the microtia/atresia but also not healing right from surgery. WHY!!!

I will post a picture of the exposure soon. Even though this blog hasn't turned into the positive experience I wanted it to be, I still feel obligated to continue on for a reference for those parents who need it. I still continue to pray and hope that our situation will change and this blog can start getting positive. We are not giving up and I have no doubt that Dr Reinisch is going to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment