Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dressing Changes

We had the first dressing change today. The ear looked really good to me. There was an area on top that Dr Reinisch didn't like the color but basically its a wait and see game as before.
Robbie did really well during the washing and asked for a mirror to see everything which I thought was cool considering what the little guy has been through. He showed Dr R the stitch line on his tummy and Dr R said,"Oh he has fluid in his tummy." WHAT??? How did I not even notice. He said he could drain it with a needle but he didn't think it was necessary since it should absorb into the body. I opted to wait and watch.
I discussed with Dr R what the best option would be for us as far as the cup goes and we decided to leave a few stitches on to string them around the cup straps to hold into place. We have extra putty for next week when the cap comes off to make sleep time molds.
I took a few pics and can post tomorrow when I get home. We do have a winter advisory in effect from 5am to 5pm which will make for a fun flight home back to Oregon for me and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment