Thursday, April 8, 2010

The pics posted!

OK as you can see I didn't wait until today to do the cleaning. The ear cup was barely on with tape and I didn't want to re tape it all and then un tape it today so I took the opportunity I had and washed it.
Everything looked really well and I was very surprised that the ear wasn't more swollen like last time and has some features already. The area of concern at the top was like a yellow orange color and seemed a bit loose, I am not sure what Dr R will say about it. If anyone has seen this before I would love an email for reassurance ;)

Robbie fell asleep on my lap last night and since we didn't hear from Dr R we went ahead and put the cup back on with out doing anything to the ear as far as ointment. When Robbie woke up he was pretty mad that the cup was taped back on and I explained how beautiful his new ear was and we have to protect it like its a treasure. Of course I didn't tell him how freaked out I am to let him roam freely without any protection. Watching him walk around last night it seemed like the ear was guiding him which made me gasp every 2 seconds. He did look a lot at his new ear and tell me how much he likes it. That is worth our journey we have had for the last year. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts as he continues to heal. I will update after we talk to Dr R.

1 comment:

  1. Out. Standing! The ear looks beautiful, like Robbie's had it his whole life. Way to go!
    So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete